Find Answers to Your Questions in Our FAQ’s
Am I eligible to apply for a loan?
To qualify for a loan with United Finance, all applicants must:
- Live in one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, Nevada or Idaho.
- Live within the geographic service area of one of our 27 branch locations.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a reliable source of income.
How much can I borrow?
Most of our loans range between $1,000 and $15,000 although loan requests up to $25,000 are considered. We consider your credit history, income, expenses, and value of collateral (if applicable) to determine the loan amount and terms.
How will my loan be funded?
You will receive a check at the conclusion of your loan signing. We want to get you your money as fast as possible. We work hard to offer you the earliest and most convenient loan appointment time.
How long does it take to get a loan approved?
What items do I need to apply for a personal loan?
- Photo ID with signature (driver’s license, state issued ID or passport)
- Proof of Employment and Income (most recent paycheck stub)
- You may be asked to bring additional information, including the following:
- phone numbers of references
- list of personal property
- vehicle and vehicle title to use as collateral (if applicable)
Requirements vary, so discuss the complete list with your United Finance loan officer.
Can I borrow more money?
If you need to borrow more money, talk to your local branch to see if you qualify. Since you are already in our system, updating an application is simple.
Do you report to the credit bureaus?
Yes. We report to all three major credit reporting agencies, allowing you to build and/or improve your credit by making on time payments.
Is collateral required to get a loan?
The majority of our loans are secured with either a vehicle title or personal property. Examples of accepted collateral include automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, campers and boats. All titled collateral will undergo appraisals to determine whether it is of sufficient value.
Vehicles used as collateral must be insured against physical damage for the term of the loan.
Please contact your local branch for more information regarding collateral.
Does United Finance offer pay day loans?
No. We only offer traditional installment loans. Most pay day loans have an extremely high APR in comparison to other personal loans. Most also have very short repayment terms compared to other personal loans. It is crucial that pay day loans be paid back on time and the high APR means that they can be very risky for the borrower. We are a great alternative to pay day loans and the ideal lender for customers with less-than-perfect credit. With a United Finance personal loan, you have the same monthly payment amount and your fixed interest rate will not change.
How do I make my payment?
There are several ways to make a payment:
- Online – To make a one-time ACH payment online, go to the Make a Payment page. Be sure to have your United Finance account number and a blank check ready. Payments can be made immediately or scheduled up to 7 days in advance (fee applies).
- In a Branch – Visit any United Finance branch to make a payment with cash, debit card, personal check, cashier’s check or money order.
- By Phone – Call your local branch and make a payment with a debit http://locationscard (fee applies).
- By Mail – Send a personal check, cashier’s check or money order payable to United Finance to the address on your statement.