Coverage paid in the event of injury or death resulting from an accident as specified in the form.
What are the benefits?
- Peace of mind. Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance gives you peace of mind knowing that that not only will your debt not be passed along to your heirs, you may elect to purchase additional coverage which may be used for final expenses and settling your other affairs. Additionally, the coverage provides protection against injuries sustained in an accident.
- Reasonable premiums. Rates vary from state to state and the actual cost of your particular coverage depends on where you live, your loan amount, and the coverage selected. Please contact your financial institution for specific rate information.
- Convenient. Application is easy and usually done at time of loan application. And, your one time premium may be conveniently included in your loan amount.
- Coverage amounts not tied to your loan amount. You may elect to purchase coverage in excess of your loan amount. Also, coverage may remain in force after your loan is paid off.
- Simplified eligibility. Age restrictions vary from state to state; however, you can obtain Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance up to the age of 6o. Also, a medical exam is not required although simple underwriting questions may be asked for larger amounts of coverage.
When can I apply for Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance?
You may apply for AD&D coverage at the time of your loan application. Your insurance becomes effective as soon as your loan is finalized.
How long does it take to process a claim?
Unless your claim requires additional information, your claim is generally processed within 10 days after receipt of all required information.
No obligation for 30 days
When you apply for AD&D, you have a 30 day Free Look period following receipt of your insurance certificate to review your AD&D plan and make sure it meets your expectations. If, during this period, you decide you don’t want the coverage, you can cancel it without obligation and any premiums paid will be refunded.
Who underwrites the coverage?
Insurance is underwritten by Plateau Insurance Company, a member company of The Plateau Group. Plateau Insurance Company is highly rated by the major independent rating agencies that analyze the financial soundness and claims-paying ability of insurance companies. For more information about the rating agencies and to see where Plateau Insurance Company ranks relative to other companies, please visit our website at: www.800plateau.com
Is joint coverage available?
No. AD&D is sold on an individual basis.