Available to United States residents located in Oregon, Washington and Nevada
Collection and Retention of Non-Public Personal Information
We collect and retain information about you to identify and communicate with you, to provide you with products and services you have requested, to help us respond to your questions, and to inform you about other financial services that may be of interest to you. If you submit Non-Public Personal Information through this web site, you may opt-out of receiving separate mailings offering these services by notation on your application or by e-mailing us
We collect the following types of Non-Public Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive about your identity, such as your name, address, social security number, or driver's license number, birth date;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as your account balance or loan payment history;
- Information that we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as information about your income, assets, employment, e-mail address, financial status, and telephone number;
- Information we receive from consumer credit reporting agencies, such as your credit history and creditworthiness; and
- Information we receive from marketing analysis companies for marketing purposes, such as economic and demographic data.
Disclosure of Non-Public Personal Information to Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We do not disclose non-public personal information about you or our former customers to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted or required by law. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described in the Collection and Retention of Non-Public Personal Information section above, to our service providers to include data processing companies, payment processing providers, loan servicing providers, insurance companies, collection agencies, credit reporting agencies, companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements to offer financial products and services to you. These Companies may use and disclose the information provided to them by us only for the purposes for which it is provided or to the extent otherwise permitted by law. We do not sell information nor share your non-public personal information with independent third party marketers offering their products and services. While we may assist in offering financial products and services of our contracted financial services providers, we control the information used to make such offers.
Disclosure of Non-Public Personal Information in Other Circumstances
We may also disclose non-public personal information about you as necessary to effect, administer or enforce transactions that you have requested or authorized, or in connection with servicing or processing a financial product or service you have requested or authorized, or to maintain or service your account with us, or as otherwise disclosed below. We normally disclose information:
- When it is necessary or helpful in completing a transaction;
- To verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a merchant, another financial institution or a credit reporting agency;
- To an account verification service, in addition to a credit reporting agency, if we close your account due to unsatisfactory handling, fraud, attempted fraud or criminal activity;
- To comply with a law, regulation, legal process or court order which applies to us or an affiliate;
- When you authorize us to;
- To other companies, financial institutions and networks which may be involved in processing your transactions;
- To local, state or federal employees, if we believe a crime may have been committed;
- To our agents and affiliates and to third parties who perform services or functions on our behalf to facilitate the delivery of information related to your accounts or to other financial services that may be of interest to you;
- In response to requests by our regulatory agencies or requests by agents of the company or its affiliated companies, such as independent auditors, consultants or attorneys.
Our Employees' access to and Use of Customer Information
Each of our employees has a responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of customer information. We require all of our employees to agree in writing to protect the confidentiality of customer information and to use it only for our business purposes. Our policy is to prohibit employees from accessing your personal information unless there is a business reason to do so. Internal access and sharing of information about you within our various service units occurs to evaluate, structure and facilitate the services you have requested or to inform you of other financial services that may be of interest to you. We train our employees to recognize the importance of customer confidentiality. Employees who violate these standards are subject to disciplinary measures.
Our Security Procedures
We also take other steps to safeguard customer information by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your non-public personal information.
Maintaining the Accuracy of Customer Information
We have procedures to see that the customer information is maintained in a commercially reasonable manner so that it is accurate, current and complete. We also have procedures to see that requests to correct inaccurate or incomplete information are acted upon in a timely manner. We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential customer information. We investigate your inquiries about information received from us (or from a credit bureau reflecting information we have provided) that you believe to be inaccurate and we take steps to correct information we determine to be incorrect. Our reporting to credit bureaus is governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which affords you the right to make sure that your credit bureau reports are accurate.
Maintaining Confidentiality in our Business Relationships with other Companies
From time to time we contract with other businesses to perform specific services in support of our product. When it is necessary to provide confidential customer information to a third party, we require each business that we select to agree to adhere to the same privacy standards, laws and regulations that apply to us. That is, we require such third parties to agree to safeguard non-public personal information regarding our customers in accordance with our own privacy policies.
Our Treatment of Information About Former Customers
Our protection of your non-public personal information extends beyond the period of your customer relationship with us. If you end your customer relationship with us or we end our customer relationship with you, we will not disclose your information to nonaffiliated third parties other than as permitted by law.
Online Privacy Protections
Protecting Children's Information Privacy
Our online financial services are not designed for or directed toward children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect data from children and we do not knowingly market to children online. We recognize that protecting children's identities and online privacy is important and that responsibility rests with us and with parents.